Curt is a husband, father and grandfather
While a student at Brigham Young University, Curt Bramble met Susan Mackay. They were married in 1978 and are the parents of six children and have six wonderful grandchildren. He and his family are actively involved in scouting, hot air ballooning, scuba diving, motorcycle touring, running, backpacking, fishing, and hunting. They also enjoy family time together at Lake Powell.
Curt is a small business owner
After beginning his college career at the University of Notre Dame, Curt Bramble earned his Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Accounting from Brigham Young University. He founded Bramble & Company CPA’s in 1986 and, in 2001, merged with Gilbert & Stewart CPA’s in Provo, Utah. Curt is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants.
Curt is your representative
Elected in 2000 to the Utah State Senate, Senator Bramble serves on the following committees:
- Business, Economic Development, and Labor Appropriations Subcommittee
- Executive Offices and Criminal Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
- Retirement and Independent Entities Appropriations Subcommittee
- Business and Labor Interim Committee
- Revenue and Taxation Interim Committee
- Retirement and Independent Entities Interim Committee
- Senate Business and Labor Confirmation Committee
- Legislative Information Technology Steering Committee
- Legislative Policy Summit
- Senate Retirement and Independent Entities Confirmation Committee
- Senate Revenue and Taxation Confirmation Committee
- Senate Business and Labor Committee
- Senate Revenue and Taxation Committee
- Senate Retirement and Independent Entities Committee
Curt is known for listening to his neighbors and constituents and helping to resolve their concerns. He has developed an open-door policy and has introduced numerous bills at the request of his constituents. He courageously tackles difficult issues like preserving the caucus system, protecting unborn children, fighting federal overreach and preserving local control for education. He is also a champion of transparency in government, passing multiple bills to help citizens access important information.
Curt is your neighbor
Over the past 30 years, Curt Bramble has been involved in professional, civic and service organizations in the Provo community. He has served on the Provo Housing Authority, Provo Airport Board, Provo/Orem Chamber of Commerce Board, Provo Rotary Board, Co Founder, America’s Freedom Balloon Fest at Provo, BYU Management Society, Utah Transit Authority Board, Treasurer and Vice President of Finance, Boy Scouts of America Utah National Parks Council and has served in various capacities in his Church.