lected to the Utah State Senate in November 2000, Bramble is in his fourth term in the Utah Senate where he currently serves as Chair of both the Senate Business & Labor Standing Committee and the Legislative Information Technology Steering Committee. He was appointed President Pro Tempore of the Senate in 2013, and is a member of the Revenue & Taxation and Retirement & Independent Entities Committee, and is a member of the Business, Economic Development & Labor and Executive Offices & Criminal Justice Appropriations Sub-Committees.
Curt Bramble is a master at bringing people to the table and crafting consensus between opposing factions. He has worked to find principle driven solutions with successful outcomes in protecting unborn children, defending local control of education, demanding government transparency, establishing a state energy policy, reducing and reforming Utah’s tax structure, preserving the caucus system, reforming RDA’s, addressing comprehensive immigration policy, and protecting our God-given rights. He was instrumental in ethics legislation, strengthening GRAMA legislation for more open government, and continues to lead out on issues that have kept Utah one of the Best Managed States in the nation for over 10 consecutive years.
Curt has been recognized in Utah and nationally as Legislator of the Year by several organizations and has been elected to leadership by his legislative peers in Utah and nationally. Curt currently serves as President of National Conference of State Legislature and is a lifetime legacy member of the American Legislative Exchange Council. He is a Toll Fellow with the Council of State Governments and has served for four years in Utah Senate leadership. Curt served as liaison to the Iraqi Democracy project working with opposing factions in their government to learn the skills of crafting consensus legislation.
Curt was elected by legislators from across the country to serve as their President of the National Conference of State Legislatures (http://ncsl.org). NCSL is a champion of state legislatures. Their work is focused on helping states to remain strong and independent by giving them the tools and information they need to craft solutions to the most difficult problems that state legislatures face. They have worked on legislation that has save the states more than $1 billion dollars against unwarranted actions by Congress. They conduct workshop that sharpen the skills of legislators and legislative staff throughout the nation. It is a privilege to lead the governing body of this organization and work with the finest legislators from throughout the nation as we strive to keep the power of the states strong in the Federal system.
After beginning his college career at the University of Notre Dame, Bramble earned his Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Accounting from Brigham Young University. He founded Bramble & Company CPA’s in 1986 and, in 2001, merged with Gilbert & Stewart CPA’s in Provo, Utah. Curt is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants.
While a student at Brigham Young University, Curt met Susan Mackay. They were married in 1978 and are the parents of six children and have twelve wonderful grandchildren. He and his family are actively involved in scouting, hot air ballooning, scuba diving, motorcycle touring, running, backpacking, fishing, and hunting. They also enjoy family time together at Lake Powell.
- 2012 Shining Light Award, Media Coalition
- 2012 Legislator of the Year, Utah Technology Council
- 2012 Pro-Democracy Award Recipient, Represent Me Utah!
- National Legislator of the Year, American Legislative Exchange Council
- Taxpayer Advocate of the Year, Utah Taxpayer’s Association
- Legislator of the Year, Utah Technology Council
- Legislator of the Year, Utah Pharmacy Association
- Distinguished Service, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- Silver Beaver Award, Boy Scouts of America
- Honorary Member, Utah State Fireman’s Association
- Outstanding Leadership, Utah Valley University
- Outstanding Service, Utah Transit Authority
- Senator of the Year, Utah Health Insurance Association
- Legislator of the Year, Utah Information Technology Association
- Spirit of Excellence Award, Utah Highway Patrol
- Distinguished Service Award, Utah Realtors
- Outstanding Leadership in Energy Award, Association of Energy Users
- Hero on the Hill, Legislative Coalition for People with Disabilities
- Friend of Business, Utah Business Coalition
- Honorary Trooper, Utah Highway Patrol
- Honorary Colonel, Utah Highway Patrol
- Friend of the Taxpayer, Utah Taxpayer’s Association